I get that Forma Fitness is different, but what will we actually do in class?
Well, it's hard to say, really! Our programs change every day; you'll never do the same workout twice, so we can guarantee you'll never get bored! Our sessions are comprised of 50% pure strength and muscle conditioning activities, and 50% cardio sweat circuits. We utilize standard fitness equipment such as barbells, dumbbells, and stability balls, as well as non-traditional equipment such as car tires, sledgehammers, and sandbags. Our sessions will always be designed to mimic challenges and movements that you require in your daily life; we'll never do exercises just for the sake of doing them!
What kind of results can I expect to see?
At Forma Fitness, we'd prefer to measure your progress by how you feel and what your body can do. Pounds and inches don't always tell the full story, and we think it's more important to get excited about your increased strength, mobility, and stamina rather than the look of your body. Train with us and you can expect more strength and confidence, with the added benefits of stress reduction, better sleep, and more energy throughout your life.
I've never attended a fitness class before, or it has been a really long time since I have. Can I still come to Forma Fitness?
Of course! Our skilled trainers can always modify to suit any fitness level or to accommodate injuries, while still pushing you to sweat and work hard. We bet you'll improve with every session you attend!
I'm a seasoned athlete or well-conditioned fitness enthusiast. Will Forma Fitness provide a tough enough workout for me?
Absolutely. All of our sessions are easily modifiable to add more weight, resistance, or other challenging elements so if you need to increase the difficulty, just let us know! With small class sizes, our trainers are always able to ensure that you're working with intensity while maintain proper form.
How should I prepare for class?
- First, create an account on our MindBody scheduling portal. Next, book your session. We pride ourselves on our small class sizes and personal attention; we can only guarantee this if we know you are coming! Reservations can be made online up to 2 hours before class starts.
- Try to eat well and drink lots of water before your session. Our workouts are challenging to complete at the best of times, but even more difficult if your body is depleted of fuel.
- Bring a water bottle. We have several filling stations available at our facility.
- Bring clean indoor gym shoes and wear comfortable athletic clothing.
- Our locker room is a private and safe space but you may bring a lock to secure your belongings if you wish.
- Arrive 10 minutes early to change, get oriented with our facility and to ensure that you catch all details when your workout is presented at the beginning of class. Sessions start right on time, please don't be late!
What if I can't attend my pre-booked class?
Reservations can be cancelled through our online MindBody scheduling portal up to 1 hour before class time. Reservations that are not cancelled will be charged to your monthly class allowance/pre-paid pass. Please ensure that you cancel any reservation you are unable to attend.